Aya HIRANO was born in 1987 in Nagoya, Aichi prefecture. Both a seiyû (voice actress) and a singer, she made her debut as she was still a teenager in TV commercials and then in series. One of her first roles was Lumière in the anime Kiddy Grade. After high school, she started as a professional voice actress and singer.
Her big break came in 2006 when she became the voice of Haruhi Suzumiya. This role launched her career and made her one of the most popular seiyû in Japan. She also sang the openings and endings, and several songs from anime. This success brought new opportunities and major roles such as Reira Serizawa in Nana and Misa Amane in Death Note. She was also Lucy Heartfilia in Fairy Tail, among many, many others.
At the same time, Aya HIRANO was leading her singing career, with several anime openings, endings and songs. She also released several singles and albums, the latest one being vivid in 2014, and performed in 17 musicals from 2012 to 2018.
She is currently dubbing Kokin-chan in Sore Ike! Anpanman and is the MC in Tokyo Kyûjin on the Japanese TV channel NTV. At the end of this year, she will be on the musical Rockabilly Jack at Hibiya Theatre from December 5 to 30.
- The famous voice actress claimed in 2018 that she was once so poor she had to eat tissues in order to survive and stretch her budget.
- Multiple times she has been a yearly victim of an unofficial otaku pastime, where otaku target specific idols and seiyuu and follow them around for the purpose of ensuring they do not engage in any kind of sexual activity.
- She suffered a negative backlash at the hands of her rabid otaku fanbase when she confessed during her appearance on a Japanese women-targeted show called "Gout Temps Nouveau" that she enjoyed dating older men, and proceeded to talk about her ex-boyfriends, even admitting her taste for dating multiple partners at the same time.
- Among the otaku she pissed off, one of them destroyed his entire Aya Hirano CD collection. Some fans tore apart their personal photos of Hirano and posted the results on the Net.
- Once used several male members of a band as her personal sex harem, with some of their photos having been leaked online in the afterglow of coitus.