Jay Park became famous as the leader of 2PM (until 2010), then he pursued a solo career. He’s currently under AOMG.
- Stage Name: Jay Park
- Birth Name: Park Jae-beom (박재범)
- Birthplace: Edmonds, Washington, in the Seattle metropolitan area, United States
- Birthday: April 25, 1987
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Height: 171 cm (5’7″)
- Weight: 67 kg (147 lbs)
- Blood Type: A
– He was born in Edmonds, Washington, in the Seattle metropolitan area, United States
– Education: Dankook University
– Since a young age he showed great interest towards hip-hop music and b-boying.
– In 2004 he became a trainee for JYP Entertainment.
– On September 4, 2008, he debuted, as the leader of 2PM, with the song “10 Out of 10”.
– On September 4, 2009, after a huge scandal caused by a series of comments found on Jay Park’s Myspace account (from 2005) in which he was criticizing Korea, Jay returned to Seattle.
– Jay Park officially left 2PM in early 2010.
– In March 2010, he uploaded on Youtube a cover of B.o.B’s “Nothin’ on You”, which went viral, getting more than 2 mil. views in just 24 h.
– In July 2010, he released his first EP, “Count on Me” (믿어줄래). His song debuted as nr. 1 on the Gaon chart.
– In July 2010, he was chosen as the new model for Levi Strauss & Co.’s new brand, dENiZEN.
– In July 2010, he returned to South Korea and signed a contract with the Korean agency SidusHQ.
– In 2011, he released his first mini-album, “Take a Deeper Look”, which went multi-platinum in South Korea.
– He became the first artist to win a music program award on his debut stage, when he won on KBS’ Music Bank with “Abandoned”.
– He also won “Record of the Year” at the 2011 Golden Disk Awards, becoming the first solo artist to release such a performance.
– In 2011 he also starred in his first Korean movie, “Mr. Idol”.
– In 2011 he joined the cast of “Immortal Songs 2“.
– In early 2012, he was chosen by KT Tech to be the official model for promoting their new smartphone, Take HD.
– In February 2012, he released his first full-length album, “New Breed”, which also went multi-platinum.
– In 2012, he had his 1st solo tour in Seoul, followed by the tours around Asia and Australia.
– In 2012, he was also chosen as the new model for casual clothing brand Googims.
– In 2012, he became a permanent cast member of MBC’s “Come to Play“.
– In 2013, he also became a fixed cast member of tvN’s “Saturday Night Live Korea“.
– In April 2014, he was chosen as a dance master for Season 2 of “Dancing 9“.
– In 2015, he participated as a judge on Mnet’s “Show Me the Money 4“.
– In November 2015, he released his album “WORLDWIDE”.
– In March 2016, he released a new song titled “The Truth Is”.
– In 2016, alongside Jessica Jung (ex SNSD’s member) and other artists, he modeled for Adidas’s “Celebration of Sportswear” campaign.
– In March 2016, he also modeled for for Umbro Korea’s “Reborn to Heritage” campaign.
– On October 20, 2016 he released the album “Everything You Wanted”.
– He was also featured on the April issue of “Dazed Korea” magazine.
– He has collaborated with Loco, Gray, Dean, Hoody, Jessi, Crush, etc.
– He is the founder and CEO of the Korean independent hip hop record label AOMG & His New Global Label H1GHR MUSIC.
– He is under Roc Nation (Jay-Z’s label) for his American activities.
– He is the first Asian to sign with Roc Nation.
– He is a member of the Seattle-based b-boy crew, Art of Movement (AOM)
– He was the judge for Asia’s Got Talent for season 2.
– His hobbies are: Basketball, listening music.
– At the Korean Music Awards 2017 he won 2 awards: Musician of the Year and Best R&B and Soul Album for his 2016 album “Everything You Wanted.”
– On July 20, 2018 he released his first full English album: “Ask Bout Me” via Roc Nation.
– He’s back as a judge for Asia’s Got Talent season 3.
– Jay Park’s ideal type: He said that he prefers an experienced woman. He also listed SISTAR‘s Bora as close to his ideal type.